Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trisha Takanawa. The worlds best reporter.

This one is for Celtae Baxer.
"Dianne, I'm standing outside the Park Barrington Hotel, because they dont allow aisians inside."
It may not be the actual writing that makes Ms Takanawa one of the funniest Family Guy characters on the show. Actually, it probably is. And the deadpan way in which every single line is delivered. Trisha is a reporter for channel five on the show, and the best reporter ever. Her character is meant to be a take on the emotionless way so many reporters deliver the news. Well, aside from this scene:
Tricia: And here comes David Bowie! David, what bings you all the way to...
David Bowie: Shhhhhh! Oh baby, just you shut your mouth.
Tricia: Ooooh!Me love to meet Ziggy Stardust!I take you home!I make you fish ball soup!Fish ball! Tom Tucker: Thank you, Tricia, for setting your people back a thousand years...


This scene was met with an enthusiastic "yesssss" on my part.
Or the classic scene, which is most frequently quoted by me: Tom Tucker: "And now over to aisian correspondant Trisha Takanawa, who's (sung in that aisian gong tune song used all over the place, you know: buh nuh nuh nuh nuh-nuh nuh) GUNNA TELL US ALL ABOUT THE RAIN.
Less funny when I have to explain it.
Things I would like Ms Takanawa to report on:
Alien Invasion
Mel Gibson Rampage in downtown Hollywood
Super Obama. Obama with superpowers
Family Guy pirates
Standing outside anything, because Aisians are not allowed inside
James Cameron genetically engenering a Na Vi'
Her new found life as David Bowie's lover

So this whole post was kind of a failure. All I can say is Trisha Takanawa radtastic

1 comment:

  1. YES
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU THANK YOU
    I love it
    it made my entire night, especially the part about trisha covering a mel gibson story.
    yes to that.
    yes.

    ReplyDelete