Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Eternal Wisdom of Eric Cartman


I cant see a day when I will stop quoting South Park. It just will not happen. If you have ever spent a day with me, you will know this. You will also know how Eric Cartman is my favourite. Not because I agree with him, but because the irony of the whole character is always hysterical. The creators of the show pretty much just made Cartman so they could say stupid fucked up racist shit, and point out how stupid he is. Here are some of his intellectual gems just for you:

I would never let a woman kick my ass. If she tried something, I'd be like, HEY! You get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!

Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly.
Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.

Mr. Garrison: Who was in charge of the feminist movement of the early '60's?
Cartman: A bunch of fat old skanks on their periods.
Mr. Garrison: Right. But who was the fattest, oldest skank on her period?

Cartman:: Naw dude, Independent films are those black and white hippy movies. They’re always about gay cowboys eating pudding.

Cartman:: Oh, oh, Jesus. I was laughing so hard–the milk came out of my nose.
Stan:: Dude, you weren’t drinking any milk.
Cartman:: Huh?
Stan:: You have to be drinking milk for that to happen.
Cartman:: Not with me, man.

Cartman:: Kenny’s family is so poor that yesterday they had to put their cardboard box up for a second mortgage.

2 comments:

  1. I agree; Cartman is my absolute favourite South Park character too (even though, like yourself, I don't agree with the opinions he expresses).

    What I like the most about him is probably the fact that he is such a believeable caricature of the type he is meant to represent. I'd reckon that every racist and abrasive bigot on Earth has a bit of Cartman in him/her! I believe we all have at least one more or less Cartman-esque person in our lives; I certainly do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well put, Sir.
    And I would agree, I certainly do, too.

    ReplyDelete