Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Six Feet Under


I am currently watching the final episode of Six Feet Under, the best show HBO ever produced. I began with the first season dvd, deciding to try the show and see what i thought. Then I was hooked by the second episode.
Six Feet Under follows the life of the Fisher family, who run and live above a funeral home, as well as the people directly connected to them. With the death of their father, who was also the head of the funeral home, Nate, the oldest, returns home and becomes co owner of the place.
Death. If the show deals with one thing, it's death. And what it means to life as we know it. After 5 seasons of seeing the family expiriance death, life and getting skrewed over all over the place, the show came to a close on a somewhat unconventional note. The death of one of its main characters, 3 episodes before the end. The final episodes follow everyone else dealing with the thing they have been fearing and dealing with all their lives. Thats all the spoiler I will do here, I hope this will inspire you to go and watch this series from start to finish.
Ok, so let me watch this thing to the end.

I am not the crying type. Dont do it very easily, or at all.
But the final ten minutes of this episode brought me to tears. I have never seen something that made me want to be alive as much as this, or something that dealt with death in such an increadible and beautiful way. I had to take a few minutes to get my shit together before I wrote this up.
This series made me think about just what life is. Its the kind of thing you just need to expiriance to get.
So go watch this show. You will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment