Monday, November 22, 2010

Top 5 Hang Out Sessions:

So, you have five people (currently alive) to spend a day with. All specifics aside, who would they be?

1- John Cusack. This is an obvious choice. Mainly based on my continuing obsession with his work. Place: Cafe, movie theater, anywhere,actually.
Question 1: One step to being as cool as him. Even one, and I am good.
I would have him compile a reading/ film list for me. It would be the best day ever.

2- Michael Caine. See while I do enjoy mr Cane as an actor, I think I just really like him as a person. Its the voice, really. So much classiness in one person.
Places: The MOMA. Just talk about art, man. Just tell me what you think.
Question 1: 5 simple steps to being as classy as he is.
I would have him tell some great British-isms. Get all British.

3-WIN BUTLER/ REGINE CHASSAGNE. These two really should be on the top of my list. Now I realize that two people shouldnt count in one point, but hey, its my list. I do what I want. As far as musicians go, these two are my favorite. Well, my favorite alive ones. Looking at you, John Lennon. These two are the front men for Arcade Fire, and are also totally married. Even if these two weren't hitched they would still have incredible chemistry as artists.
Places: My room. Creepy, I know. But hey, I have a nice room.
Question 1- Lyrics. Just to have them tell me about their lyrics writing process. Love.
I would have the both of them make me a mixtape list based on the music they listened to when they were 16, and play Neighborhood 1. My life would be complete.

4- David Bowie: While the current version of Bowie is rather creepy, that is just fine with me. The fact that classic Ziggy Stardust version of Bowie is in there somewhere. And that would be enough for me.
Location: Space.
Question 1- How to obtain true grooviness. Not a word, but with him, it so is.
I would have him draw me a picture him and I in space. And have him play me Rock and Roll Suicide.

5- Sufjan Stevens. I really dont feel the need to explain this one. His music gets me through some pretty banal days when I need to hear something beautiful.
Location: Kensington Market, Toronto.
Question 1- What does life mean to Sufjan? As of late I have been thinking about how people give their own lives meaning.
I would have him give an acoustic rendition of All Delighted People, and write a song with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment